Wednesday 25 March 2015

Not far off

Its been a good few days in the garage with only a few jobs left to do at least there are no box's left.




I thought I'd put the nose cone on to see what it looks like, Great I think! popped the badge on too.


The hood at first had me baffled (I should have read the manual first) hood sticks in the lowest position first then fit to screen followed by the boot then move the hood sticks into position inside.


At last my key lock/Ignition has arrived! At first I was unsure which cables went where and if i'm honest I'm still not sure if i have it right. The cable on the left is white(I have white cables from the back of the starter button) not black and purple as derek's described 


I found this helpful on 700newtons blog(thankyou) I have put my white wire where the black and purple is, I'll find out later if it has worked.


Keys in time to see if anything works! The dash lights up ta da!


Wipers on ,I got the wrong angle to start with and it took me a while to work out how to remove them its just a screw driver needed under the metal clip ease it out slightly and the wiper comes off.


I still can't believe I got the wiring spot on first go! Switched on the ignition switched the lights on and bingo, I was almost jumping for joy .All working perfectly and a big sigh of relief.


Dash light's up for the first time


With the Lights and indicators tested I was able to fit the radiator in position some of the hose clips were a bit tricky


My trusty side kick charlie


Heat shield on


This is a bit frustrating one of the roof poppers is out by a good 1/2 inch derek assures me this can be looked at the PBC


The tunnel cover was not easy to fit ,The handbrake has to be as high as it goes.


Doors on and clips on ,seats in ,knee panels on rivets etc ,I think i may have missed a few bits out the blog!


Radiator fitted


Amazingly my soldering on the bullit connector has worked!


Cut down 3/8ths spanner to get to the not so easy gearbox plug ,I used a funnel wedged in the top which just about did it If I held on to it whilst looking over the to wait and see when it dribbled out although i put put in a bit to much and used an old can to catch the excess.


Coolant time, Funny I found this quite exiting,...In my excited rush I thought that I would put some fuel in the tank I had 4 or 5 jerry cans in the shed so I grabbed one put the funnel on and poured it in,...(don't laugh) but in my rush I didn't notice the words 2 stroke(faded) I had written on it some time ago. What an idiot 
It took me about an hour to syphon out the red fuel mix flush and it out until I had clear petrol running through.
I'm off to get some more petrol and see if i can get the car started.
Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment