Thursday 2 April 2015

And off it goes

The garage is empty! It feels rather strange with the car not there, As today it was collected by caterham for it's post build check and IVA test. Along with a list of items that need sorting mainly down to either not having the correct parts or parts not fitting but nothing to serious. I think the main thing is the rear axle which is to be replaced due to the top hat brackets not being welded in place to mount the brake line, I ran out of time with trying to start the car which I was really looking forward to doing but I'm just going to have to wait until it comes back for that. I suspect may be the ECU either way just a bit beyond my abilities to sort out.



Out of the garage for the first time. Just rolled it out getting it in position to push it up the ramp was easier than i thought, Mainly due to it's lack of weight.



All loaded up.


The caterham van and trailer I'll be pleased to see it again soon I hope with the car all ready to drive, I can't wait.



5 comments:

  1. Mike,
    Any news from the PBC? Did they sort the starting problem?
    Simon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mike,
    My starting problem was due to a faulty crankshaft sensor. What was yours?
    Regards, Simon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there Simon
    I have just emailed Doug (caterham midlands) for an update, As of last weekend they had not started the car and were awaiting z numbers to get the car booked in for the IVA test, I'll update the blog when I get more details.
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah Ok, best of luck. By the way a few of us may meet up in Somerset once we get our 160s through the IVA. You are welcome to come too, I'll let you know the details if we get something in place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well its not the ECU its back from the factory after being tested so i've asked them to check the crankshaft sensor as yours simon with this problem and a back log getting the z numbers for the IVA it's getting a bit frustrating
    I'll be up for a 160 meet sounds like fun
    Mike

    ReplyDelete