Monday 8 February 2016

3000 Mile service

I had some time free so after yesterdays wet trip I thought it's time to do the 3000 mile service and give the 160 a bit of TLC.



In the seven owners hand book it does recommend using Shell Helix Ultra after going a few local motor factors I just couldn't find anywhere that stocked it, So over to Halfords to get there equivalent 5w-30 Fully synthetic VW504.00/507.00 all numbers matching the shell oil, I did pick up the same oil filter as I used for the 1000 mile service which I'm glad I kept the old box so I new exactly what to get. 


I did warm the engine up briefly before I drained the oil and removed the old filter and all went well. The oil looked fine to me and I would have thought that it could last longer than the 3000 intervals but hey ho, next service is at 6000 which involves a bit more work. 


I did also take all the wheels off to give the insides of the rim a good clean and checked all the bolts taking the rears off meant that I could give the suspension springs and axle a clean too. Now all I need is some warm dry sunny days,....Storm Imogen is not helping! :-)'

No comments:

Post a Comment